4 - Knowledge of Our Lady (3 days)
Mary is our Sovereign and our Mediatrix, our Mother and our Mistress. Let us then endeavor to know the effects of this royalty, of this mediation, and of this maternity, as well as the grandeurs and prerogatives which are the foundation or consequences thereof. This we cannot achieve without studying the interior life of Mary.
- Prayers for each day: Ave Maris stella; the Litanies of the Blessed Virgin and of St. Joseph.
- Petition: Ask Our Lady and St. Joseph for an increase on the knowledge and love of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Reading: From the treatise on "True devotion to Mary" by St. Louis Ma. de Montfort the following numbers : 1st day 1-48, 90-93; 2nd day 105-182; 3rd day 213-225.
- Spiritual exercises:
1. Do each day one act of faith, hope and charity through St. Joseph in honor of Our Lady.
2. Do one act of mercy through St. Joseph in honor of Our Lady each day (examples: alms to the poor, visiting the sick, consoling the sorrowing, visiting and praying for the dead).
3. Pray one Rosary each day in honor of Mary and Joseph in front of their images.
(We have to prepare ourselves to give ourselves completely to Mary through St. Joseph; pray with fervor and humility for this grace.)